Wednesday, March 7, 2007

March 6, 2007


A few days ago I has photos of some cabinets I built for my garage workshop. I have now completed the doors as you see here. I constructed the doors in the same way one would make traditional kitched cabinet doors, making the rails and stiles on my router table. But instead of using raised panels as is often done for kitchens, I used pegboard. That way I was able to utilize the face of the cabinet doors for additional storage.

It turned out rather nice I believe. I have not yet decided if I will apply a finish to the wood. After all, they are just utility cabinets in my garage, and unfinished wood looks "right at home" in a woodworkers shop.



2 comments:

M and B said...

Great job!

Kari, RN said...

Dad, you did a great job on these! Good to know you can built cabinets -that might come in handy someday! I probably won't choose the pegboard for myself..... but you never know! I especially love the clean joints you made on the trim. See you tomorrow!