Tuesday, October 21, 2008

2008-10-18: David and his new bed

David wouldn't stay in his crib at home so off to Ikea is was to find a twin bed. This one seemed to be the right one because it could expand as he grows until it needs to expand into a twin size bed. So Grandpa and Daddy were to put it together. Little David sat on Grandpa's lap to "help" them. Once he was shown how to put a screw into its' hole he thought that was his job. He really was intense in his help!

How is that screw to fit in?...

Let's see,.. what is my best position to get it in place?

Then it is to take the 'allen' wrench to tighten the screw..

We're soon finished except for this one...

We're done.. so into the bed he quickly tossed his favorite toys and blankets!!
Afterwards he did a little dance upon the bed before laying down to try it out!
I think he likes it!
(David is now 19 months old)





3 comments:

Jim and Marilyn said...

Cute! Very, very cute! We miss you all...

Colorado musings said...

Margarethe,
I finally figured out I need to go to your site to get all my updates on Julie and her family! Thanks so much for being the proud Grandma!!
He is such a cutie!
Jennifer

doug&margarethe said...

Jennifer, glad you found my site! Also go to Kari's for more information/photos about David! I need to do more on my site.